Saturday, March 21, 2009

To Shave or not to Shave

So I'm about a week out from my first triathlon.  Most triathletes shave their legs... There's not a huge reason to do this, it seems like more of a rite of passage... There's no benefit to the swim - I'm wearing a wetsuit!  And the bike, the aerodynamics are so negligible.  It can definitely help in a fall - it makes cleaning up the wound much easier.  So I'm still undecided, but am leaning towards doing it...it will make the experience a little more unique!


This week I had a great brick workout...26 mile ride in about 1:25 and a 4 mile run in about 34 minutes!  That puts me right on pace for the 3 hour finish I'd like!  There, I said it.  I'd love to finish, but also to come in breaking 3...


So I took a quick break in training for another home improvement project: demoing and installing a retaining wall weds-thur (tough back breaking work!)  That counts for a core workout, right?


But I did put in a slow 16 miler this yesterday afternoon.  Legs were very heavy, but I've gotta keep up some distance for Big Sur!  


More soon... And stay posted for news on the legs... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Film composer moonlighting as a runner, cyclist and triathlete